photo

photo
I love to decorate.... whether it be one style at a time or all at once...

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Farmhouse cabinet re-do and look what I won!

Well first of all I want to show you what I won from Amy over at Maison Decor!
I was lucky enough to be one of four winners of one of her sketches and the sketch was to be of my home! Yay! I have always loved her sketches, they are soo darn cute... so I was absolutely thrilled when I was announced as one of the winners. Here is a pic of my home.. but if you want to see her sketch make sure you head on over to her blog.

I told Amy how I wished my gardens were finished  (as it's still a work in progress) and she immediately offered to put in the gardens and other features for me! Isn't she lovely! So if you don't know Amy from Maison Decor yet, get your butt over there right now! She has one of the lovliest blogs around and I just love her decorating style.

Do you remember my farmhouse cabinet from a couple of posts ago? If not well here it is again.

I really love it the only problem was the blue. It just didn't look right. Too much of a beachy blue and just didn't fit in with the rest of my decor. So yesterday out came the white paint and it now looks like this..









I just love it.. still needs new handles though but I couldn't wait to show you. I went over it with a dry brush. That is not much paint on the brush so it wouldn't go into the grain of the timber. I painted over alot of the blue and got the sander out to reveal more timber and give it an aged, worn feel. It still has a few underlying tones of blue but no where near as much and gives it a different hue to the rest of my white furniture.  As you can see I changed the inside around which also helped change the look! I'm linking up today too with Kathleen from Faded Charm for 'white wednesday'

Well on another note seems like I am slowly (but surely) heading towards 100 followers! I was thrilled when I hit the 10 mark... (after all who'd want to follow me) so to commemorate this grand occassion I have decided to do a giveaway. Can't tell you what it is yet but I do have something in mind that I will be designing and making myself and am sure it will suit ANY style home...and will go to ANYWHERE in the world. So stay tuned.... have a great week girls.. Maryann

24 comments:

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Congrats on winning the contest!
Your cabinet looks great!

Amy Chalmers said...

I do remember the blue cabinet and I liked it blue, but it looks fabulous white! wow! Glad you like your house sketch, remember to send me your address!

Unknown said...

Very pretty in white!

Hugs
Charo

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Hi :) Congratulations on the win, and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your newly white painted cabinet!!

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I really love this farmhouse look! What a wonderful caabinet! It's perfect in white!

Anonymous said...

The cabinet is perfect! Also love the white displays inside.
A dream piece.

Victoria said...

That is so lovely, I love the chicken wire! It does look much better in white:)

The Pink Poodle said...

Hi Maryann...OMG...it looks soo much better painted the white...filled with lovely goodies..

about to pop over to the other site to check out her painting..

Congrats on the following...am I a follower??

xx andrea

Heaven's Walk said...

Hi Maryann! What a charming little farmhouse cabinet! And it does look so much better with a coat of white on her. :) Great job! And I adore the way you've dressed her up!

xoxo laurie

Blessed Serendipity said...

Love the cabinet painted white!

Danielle

Tania said...

It looks fantastic white. A very cute piece of furniture.
Tinaxxx

Anonymous said...

I love it white!! It looks great. I also love your flower pots on top.

Kathy

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I love your cabinet and if I lived close by I would be trying to talk you out of it! LOL!

I love the way you have your beautiful linens displayed. I'm never sure what to do with my collection and now you have given me this great idea. Love it!

hugs
Sissie

Jill said...

The cabinet is perfect!

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Omigosh! What a beautiful job you did on that cupboard. I'm drooling over it. Isn't is AMAZING what a coat of paint will do? Enjoy it. Happy to have found your blog...I'm going to sign up to follow you as soon as I'm done with this post. Come check out my blog when you have a moment. Happy White Wednesday!
Hugs,
Karen

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love this piece of furniture! And yes, it does look much better now. Amy is wonderfully talented.
Brenda

Robyn said...

It's LOVELY! The white changed the entire look of the piece and it's PERFECT!!! I'm your newest follower! ;-) Thanks for sharing on White Wednesday!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Oh I love the cabinet...it is so cute! It look great white too! Congrats on your giveaway win, can't wait to see it!

beth(atelie das hortencias) said...

oLÁ Maryann,seu blog é maravilhoso,coisas muito lindas mesmo!Amo seu estilo!Sou Elizabeth,moro no Brazil,Mato Frosso do Sul,estado do pantanal!Gosto de pintar.No meu blog mostro meu trabalho e maravilhas do meu país!Espero sua visita!beijo!

Lucinda Obrien said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!

ShabbyESP said...

I love the cabinet!!
Love the chicken wire on the front, you did a great job!!
I found your blog today and now I am a new follower!!!
Suzann

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hey Maryann,
Way to go~I love the cabinet.
Please send it this way when you're finished with it. lol
Hugs,
Anna

Bonnie@ The Hopeless Romantic said...

I love the cabinet, and great job on the painting, it looks so much better than the blue. Love the chicken wire aswell. Nice country touch. Toodles, Bonnie

Comeca Jones said...

Thee front of your home is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails