photo

photo
I love to decorate.... whether it be one style at a time or all at once...

Saturday, January 8, 2011

my vintage china cabinet..

Today I thought I'd show you some pictures of one of my most favorite china cabinets. I picked up this half round glass vintage cabinet a few years ago now at a garage sale for $150. I didn't know much about vintage furniture back then. It had no mirror backing or glass shelves. So I had someone do all that for me for an additional $150..so all up it cost me $300 . I have seen these in antique stores for way more but sometimes if you are lucky you can pick them up for around that price anyway.. sorry but this is the only pic I had of this before I painted it.. you can still see it in the background..

Today it looks like this...


The dinner set you at the bottom was also a garage sale find just a few weeks ago.. I nearly fainted when I saw it as this is one of my most favorite patterns. If you look at my header pic you can see 4 small plates in this pattern that I have had for ages and just adored. So to see a whole dinner set I had to really control myself to get it at a good price. How much you ask?.. all of $30! Definately a keeper!


I purchased this bowl set from an antique store so it was a bit pricey but I just had to have it. I just love the colours and the floral design.


Here are some more of my favorite vintage pieces ... Royal Albert plate..
A jug set which is ever so delicate..


A 4 piece Royal Albert rainbow trio set.. would you believe I broke the green cup when I got it home .. I nearly died. I did try finding one on ebay for a while.. but gave up..mmm maybe I should look again.



This next tea set was a gift from a friend who knew someone that was going to throw it out. How sweet of her to think of me! I think it is soo cute and it was still brand new in the box.. looks like an unwanted wedding gift or something! It came with 6 cups and saucers in the shape of a heart and also a leaf shaped sandwich plate. The roses on this are just gorgeous.



Well I hope you enjoyed my little tour of my china cabinet. As you can see I just love old china! take care, Maryann

15 comments:

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Maryann

I certainly did enjoy my China Cabinet Tour!

I don't think I'll ever stop loving old china

Gail xx

Amy Chalmers said...

I loved looking at your china cabinet treasures. And your china cabinet is so pretty. I love the set of dishes you just scooped up!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your cabinet and all of your china is just so pretty and romantic. I love all of your pieces.
Hugs,
Penny

countrycottagegirl said...

Oh your cabinet is so beautiful! My daughters would want tea parties everyday! My two oldest daughters work in an antique mall and it is so hard because I always stop by to see them and wind up looking at every dish they have and spending way too much money. Love your home and your lamps and pillows and well, everything! Thank you for your sweet comments about my hutch. Hopefully I will post pics when the room is complete! Blessings to you!

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Maryann,
Ohhh, Lurve the Vintage china cabinet and all your pretty pieces of china.
That cabinet is such a bargain and
Don't we all love a bargain. lol
Hugs,
Anna

rosenresli said...

Dear Maryann,

I love vintage porcelain as you do. Your bowl set is so pretty and the pattern, colors and shape remember me on "MZ Austria" or maybe another austrian manufacture. If you want to see some MZ Austria Porcelain so you can go to my last blogpost - I posted some examples.

Have a nice sunday,
Tanja from germany

Mikey Fuller said...

Lovely! I love how white paint really made that cabinet sing! So Pretty! I'd love to have you stop by my place!

Tanza said...

Hi Maryann,
I always LoVe to see what you have to share !! That cabinet is BEAUTIFUL !! I have a miniature one just like it !! It sits atop my tall dresser !! All your pretties in it are to DiE for !! LoVe all the PiNk and roses of course !! What a delight to be blessed from friends with such gifts .. looks lovely in your pretty home ..

Hoping all is well with you, and you are enjoying making pretty ~
Hugs ~TeA~ xo

beachvintage.com said...

Hi Maryann, Just wanted to say thanks for all your well wishes, I really appreciate it. Simone xx

Rebecca Nelson said...

Oh sweet Maryann...it's all 2die4. Truly...magically beautiful and your pretties make my heart sing.

What a JOY you are to visit.

love to you~

Rebecca

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Your vintage china cabinet looks wonderful. And, I love all the vintage goodness inside. Your set of china is so pretty.

thanks for coming by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I am a new follower of yours now and will be back often.

hugs
Sissie

Alicia ~ time worn style said...

I do love those half round china cabinets, I did have one once but it wasnt half as nice as yours. I'll keep an eye out for a green royal albert cup too, I do come across them from time to time.
alicia

Antique Rose Designs said...

I love your cabinet with all your old trios. It looks gorgeous. Take care Carol

shabby*vintage*dreams said...

Love it!! It's just stunning and the dinner set!! whhooo what a pick up!! I bet you were smiling the whole way home!!

Smiley and Sunshine said...

Hi Maryann, just looking back at older posts and came across this one. Really enjoyed looking at your china cabinet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails