photo

photo
I love to decorate.... whether it be one style at a time or all at once...

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

side table make over...

Before... not so lovely and the colour is just too dark. Even though she was in really good condition with no scratches I had other plans for her. She also has a 'hidden drawer' that had no handle which is at the top front section, so you just pull it out by grabbing underneath.


I gave it a couple of coats of Louise Blue Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and decided to add an applique to the drawer instead of a handle, so you always know which side the drawer is.


To finish her off I added some gold highlights with Rub 'n Buff to the outer edges of the top and bottom shelf, in the grooves and on the applique.


Then sealed using AS clear and a bit of dark wax.



In my shop.. Shabby French & Vintage.



This was one of the pretties make overs I did and she sold pretty much within a couple of weeks.
I have a new page now above where you can see some of my other finished furniture makeovers.
take care,
Maryann xx

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails