photo

photo
I love to decorate.... whether it be one style at a time or all at once...

Sunday, February 20, 2011

week-end finds

There haven't been many garage sales lately in my area but today I went to the markets and came home with a few nice finds! I am always on the look out for shades and today I found 3.

Click on pics to supersize..

A couple of tin tea light lanterns. Just loved the old rusty look of these and might put them in James' room.

Is that breadcrumbs on the table.. James had a crusty bread roll by the looks of it!!

A crystal tray and pretty pink sugar bowl with detailed tong. I love the ribbing effect on the glass.


Some dolly pegs for my laundry and glass door knobs


A silver tray which I just love as it has the prettiest bow design around the rim.


I also found 3 trophys dated 1939, 1941 and 1952. I think they look good on this tray for now.


A vintage fly sprayer. I already have one of these in my garden.




Now for my 2 favorite finds of the day... this gorgeous little pram. I love the shape of the legs and the little springy bits. I am going to use this as a planter and fill it up with flowers! I saw a gorgeous pic somewhere out there in bloggy land and it stuck in my mind. Ever since then I have been on the look out for one.


and an old vintage meat keeper on legs. I just love it. The previous owner painted it this colour.. which is perfect, a cross between green and torquoise. It has a deep tray up top, which is where you're supposed to put the ice and has a larger tray at the bottom to catch the water.


I pulled it apart and gave it a good scrub. After trying it in a few different positions in my dining room I finally put it next to my hutch. I love the pop of colour it gives!





Not sure what I'll end up putting on top but for now these tulips will do nicely.. take care, Maryann

18 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I love the idea of using the old baby buggy as a planter. How cute is that going to look in your garden!
I love everything that you have found and shared.

hugs
Sissie

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Amazing finds. The meat locker is so unique, love the color.

I hope you will show us the pram when it is filled with blooms.

Amy Chalmers said...

You have a great group of items there. What about that fab lampshade is spy? Did you make that too?

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Hi Maryann :) Wow, did you ever score!! Great finds ~ Love the meat keeper, don't think I've ever seen one before, and the color is perfect! I know you'll be doing your magic on those lampshades :)

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your finds are all real treasures. Love the shads and the buggy is fabulous. The little meat keeper is a wonderful color. Hugs, Marty

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

You found some amazing things! I love your idea of using the carraige for flowers. It will be stunning.
Hugs,
Penny

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

What great finds...FUN!!!

Susan said...

Oh I do love that little baby buggy@ and that little green meat keeper!! What awesome finds@

petals and vintage said...

Some stunning finds there. Love them all. Pam x

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Great finds! Love what you did with it all!~Hugs, Patti

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Oh Maryann,
What gorgeous, lovely finds!
I want to come shopping with you next time.
Hugs,
Anna

A Treasured Past said...

Hi Maryann, Great finds!. The meat safe is perfect! And I am mad for old trophies, those are fabulous.

Fee said...

Wow some fantastic finds there - I especially like the door knobs,

Hugs - Fee X

KayC. said...

Very pretty!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

These are awesome! The turquoise shades are so cute. And I can't believe you found those trophies! I've been looking for some. Wow! You really came home with some great stuff! Love it all.

The Distressed Mother said...

Love the meat locker! Why can I only ever find complete rubbish??

Inspired by you said...

Super great finds! Love the trophies!!! Thanks for dropping by and checking out my chalkboard buckets!

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Great items! I especially love the rusty lanterns and pram. Fantastic keepers! Thanks for stopping by my WHITE post. We've lived in the same home for 21 years and it's STILL a work in progress!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails