photo

photo
I love to decorate.... whether it be one style at a time or all at once...

Thursday, April 21, 2011

where the bloody hell ar'ya?..and ballerina and bows cushions..

Ok, I'll be honest..maybe I shouldn't.. but I think I will.

I've been avoiding.. my blog...leaving comments..cleaning my house...the gardening. I've been feeling pretty 'blah' lately.. if you know what I mean. (now she decides to feel blah, say my new followers!) I seem to have lost my mojo for everything these last few weeks.. and I don't know why. But I think I am on the mend now so thank goodness for that!

I did manage to make these cushions for the most wonderful and very patient  lady named Linda from the USA. She described what she wanted and here they are....


The ends of the bows were gathered up a little to give a swag effect.


and here are some smaller cushions to compliment the larger one..


as you can see she loves ballerina's...and yes.. they are for her. I can't believe they are going all the way to the USA to grace her bedroom and as you can see she just adores pink!!


At the moment I am trying to organise Lisa's 18th birthday party which is on the 30th. She is having a country & western theme. She has the cutest little cowgirl outfit.. and as for me I was going to be Calamity Jane, but it just wasn't me.. I looked like I was in my pj's! So we decided in the end that I would dress up as a 'madam'!!!!!!
My dress is purple and black with a matching feathery thingy as a shawl,(forget what it's called) black lace gloves and a feather in my hair! Yep, I sure must have been crazy at the time, and am tempted to ring up and cancel the outfit but Lisa reckons I look 'awesome'.... and...and... all her friends' parents dress up.... so I HAVE to.... even if I am going to look like a slut. Yes, don't worry I'll post some pics and degrade myself.

Anyhoo... believe it or not she wants a tinkerbell cake.. something along the lines of this...




In a previous life (or so it feels that way) I used to make cakes as a hobby and even took out 2nd prize at an Easter Show once.. but that was about 14 yrs ago so I'm not sure if I've still 'got it'.

Ok.. I think I'll go now.. atleast you all know I'm still alive and kicking.
take care, Maryann

14 comments:

Amy Chalmers said...

I was wondering how you were doing...glad you are getting a little zip back in your step. You must have needed a rest. I love the pillows, you are very talented.

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Those pillows are gorgeous!

Comeca Jones said...

They are so beautiful Marie!I didnt realize you liked to bake as well.Everythings beautiful.

Betty said...

Your blog header looks so pretty. The pillows are a work of art, they are just too beautiful. Happy Birthday to your Daughter and the party sounds like it will be wonderful.

Mari said...

HELLO MARYANN~I ADORE YOUR PILLOWS, THEY ARE MAGNIFICENT!!! I WANT ONE AND WILL CRY IF I CAN'T HAVE ONE.....WHAAAAAA.....LOL

XO~MARI

Pamela said...

Welcome BACK! Can't wait for the photos of the "MadaM" and loving those pillows. Definitely girly! Glad you are alive and kicking.

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, Maryann. I get to feeling the same way when I have too much on my plate and in the spring, it's both indoors and out.

Your pillows are simply lovely and I love the cake! How cute!

Wishing you and yours a wonderful Easter!

XO,
Jane

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hey Maryann,
Don't worry about your Mojo, it will return with a bang. I've recently gone through this and amazing when it comes running back to you! lol

These cushions are fantastic~I'm sure the lady from the states will be thrilled with them.
If not, you can always send them my way. I could do with some more girly things in my home.

Wow, the party sounds fabulous and I can't wait to see your photo's all dolled up.
Happy creating,
Hugs,
Anna

Bonnie@ The Hopeless Romantic said...

So glad to see uve found ur mojo. U have been missed! Those pillows are to die for....Have u seen the slippers hangin from my bedpost? Or the painting in my bathroom? This is soooo not fair, lol.

Lucinda Obrien said...

Glad you are back u have been missed! Love the cushions you certainly are extremely talented!Good luck with the party, my oldest is 18 next month.Not sure what we will do but your's sounds like it will be alot of fun!
Happy Easter
Lucinda x

Anonymous said...

Maryann those cushions are just gorgous,what agreat job you did of making them and good luck dressing up and the shawl i think is called a feather boa and hope your daughter has a great night

Antique Rose Designs said...

Hi Maryann hope you are having a Happy Easter. Good to hear you are back on track. Sometimes you just need the time to do nothing. Love those cushions she will be very happy with them. Take care Carol

TINK - SONIA said...

Hi,Love the amazing tinktart and the blog full of magic, miniregards from Spain,Sonia.

Marilyn said...

oH I just love those cushions!! You have a real talent! Just beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails