photo

photo
I love to decorate.... whether it be one style at a time or all at once...

Friday, October 9, 2009

A room for James..

My son James is so excited he is finally getting his own room. He wants it in a nautical theme, which I am all for. There is just something so relaxing and inviting about sea side rooms, I think it makes you feel like your on holiday!    I have been looking at pics for inspiration and have come up with these as they all have something that I like. He is only 11 so I don't want it too babyish nor too grown up yet. There's plenty of time for him to be all grown up! So I have to do something inbetween. In this picture I really like the maps on the wall and even though I don't think I would do a whole wall like this, perhaps a framed print would be nice. I am going for the navy blue and white look with touches of brown as we have timber floors.   I like the stiped wall in this and the boat and life raft is a nice touch. I like the built in shelf in the headboard too.









Thought this was quite nice and light. But I think I will do one feature wall in navy blue and the rest all white. Will have to wait and see as I change my mind like the wind changes direction!!

I absolutely love the oars on the wall!  You wouldn't believe I actually found 2 in the shed the other day when we were cleaning it out. Apparently my old neighbour gave them to Fred before he moved. How lucky was that! They are definately going in James' room but might have to give the boat on the ceiling a miss!!!!!!!   Bon voyage.... Maryann

4 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Those are all fabulous rooms! I love that the look could grow with your son....

How great that you have the old oars already!!

Siobhan said...

Hi Maryann,

I love your ideas for James room...its going to look great when its all finished.

Its not as easy designing a boys room is it? lol. I will be doing the same thing once we get into the new house.

Siobhan

p.s. hope your having a fun weekend :)

The Pink Poodle said...

hi maryann......thanks for your comments on my blog...have finally gotten around to putting you in my sidebar!! (not too computer savvy)..

LOVE the nautical theme...& i agree a featured blue wall with white would look awesome..
and at 11..great age to still be able to decorate for your kids!!!

xx andrea

Antique Rose Designs said...

Hi Maryann I too love the seaside look and I was going to do Jarrod's room like that he is 11 but he turned around and said he didn't want it like that and has decided he likes reds and blacks and blues so not sure about the theme now. One to think about. Take care Carol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails