photo

photo
I love to decorate.... whether it be one style at a time or all at once...

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

house extension coming along..

Well here are some more pics of what's been happening so far. As you can see the floor has been laid. This is just the yellow tongue. We will put proper floor boards on top when the house is finished.
Frame is up. They did this in 2 days, it has been moving along quite nicely, but the weather lately hasn't been very good. It rained all long week end but my garden loved it, everything is so nice and green again, especially after that dust storm!

This is the other side. I'll have to work out the new garden soon to continue down to the winding part on the side of the house. .

The frame is completely finished and they have started to clad it. We ran out of that and hubby is on his way home right now with the rest of it. This bottom pic is at the back. I'll be having french doors there which eventually will lead out onto a decked area for entertaining.


At the moment the extension looks like I have a house in front of another house but I think and hope that once we do our pergola/entertainment area it will all blend in nicely and look like its always been there. Not long now hopefully and I can get to the best part, doing it up!! Take care ladies, Maryann








8 comments:

Siobhan said...

Hi Maryann,

WOW...your extetion is moving along very fast! Well done! I wish our building would move that fast once we start.

I remember what frame you are talking about...glad ou enjoy it :)

The lady who sells the appliques is great...if you send me an email I can give you a bit more info. (you can find my email on my side bar)

Siobhan

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Oh it is coming along nicely! I bet you are excited to see it all come together. I know I would be.
Penny

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Maryann, your extension is looking great, I do love to follow renovation blogs so will be checking back often to see how its getting along. How exciting! yes I can picture french doors there with an entertainment area, just perfect.
Alicia :0)

10 Minute Crafter said...

Hi Maryann,
I came by to show you how to add the buttons to your blog but it looks like you've worked it out! I'm so glad you entered my giveaway & added my button, thankyou!
I am so blown away by your amazing creations, they are all so PRETTY!!!! The ruched ashwell cushion is my favourite, its just amazing, you are one talented lady! I've become a follower.

Sheryn xox

CIELO said...

Good evening Mary! So very nice meeting you! what a wonderful addition you're building in the back of your home, I have the feeling is going to look wonderful, you will have plenty of light coming through your new windows... and yes, you are deffinetely a fairy, my dear, I can sense in the sweet aroma that embellish you home and life...

Blessings, and hugs

Cielo

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Maryann

You must be so excited

I'm sure it will all blend in perfectly, I love the mix of the new with the old, we have similar in our house, nice to have the character - yet some new sections too. The garden also should help to tie it together

happy renovating

xo

Antique Rose Designs said...

wow it's looking fantastic you must be so happy. Sounds like it's all going smoothly. I bet you can't wait to decorate it. Have a great week. Carol

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Hi Maryann, How exciting to get another addition to your home. Before you know it, you'll be decorating it in no time.

I think your header is sooooo pretty..... all the pinks are just lovely.

Have a Wonderful Day-

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails