photo

photo
I love to decorate.... whether it be one style at a time or all at once...

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

dried rose wreath...

Hi girls, the roses I dried the other day are now ready to be used for my wreath. Not exactly how I planned it because it was supposed to be a heart shape but I'm still happy with it.
Here is the finished product...


I had some tulle on hand so I decided to use a bit of that here and there to soften the look.

I was inspired to do this after reading this post by Anne at White Lace Cottage..

I threaded the wire through the tip of the roses and used the smaller ones at either end and the larger ones in the middle.  I did use a needle first to create the hole for the wire to go through as the wire I used was not very strong.

so it turned out a little floppy.. next time I'll use a stronger wire..


I really like the look of this rose when dried as well as fresh..



I think I might just make another one! 
take care, 
Maryann





3 comments:

Meg said...

oooohhh....beautiful, great idea for all my dried roses....thanks for sharing xx

Tania said...

looks fabulous Maryann, I love dried roses and have been busy drying some myself, The pink ones keep a beautiful colour.
Tania xx

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a beautiful wreath. I loved dried roses. Happy Valentine's Day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails