photo

photo
I love to decorate.... whether it be one style at a time or all at once...

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Painting my house yellow..Yay!

With the Easter break soon upon us Fred has planned to paint the exterior of our extension to match the rest of the house. Then when that's done it will be up to me to paint all the trims and front door white. I hope it's still going to happen as it's been raining since yesterday! Oh well atleast my grass will start to grow where we had that massive pile of dirt right in front of our house, that came out of the excavations. My garden will be loving it too  as everything was a bit dry as you may have noticed from my garden pics.
this is the original front verandah

Sorry about the messy curtain in the back there, that's my laundry which we haven't painted yet and I just tend to throw everything in there right now. That's another post.
I am also looking forward to starting on the landscaping around the front.. but that may take a while.

Hope y'all have a great day, take care, Maryann

7 comments:

Alicia ~ time worn style said...

wow you have done SO much since your extension was done, where do you find the energy??
alicia

The Pink Poodle said...

boy OH BOY!!

I missed your last blog re the weekend finds...they are fabulous..
I think I would HAVE to keep everything...

love the extension & your table & chairs are soo cute..

gotta say girl I LOVE IT ALL!

I had a good weekend of finding stuff as well..but have been toooo slack to blog about it!!


xx andrea

Unknown said...

Love your shabby table looks amazing!!!
Hugs
Charo

Manny Amadi said...

geat photos.....great post
If colours were people the yellow would be the happy gang – orange, its close neighbour in the colour spectrum, would be the go-lucky crew. If you need something positive in your life, these are the colours that you should look to use for the positive energy and a more invigorated and energy-filled approach to life

My Cottage Charm said...

Hey Maryann, I LOVE your gingerbread trim on your house! It's so sweet! I love yellow on a house, it's so bright and cheery. We have one painted yellow in our town...it has white trim, but is accented in a very pretty turquisey blue. (it sounds terrible, but looks beautiful!) :)
Thanks for commenting on my lampshade makeover, I'm still training my hubby to stop at all large garbage piles that have interesting stuff! LOL :) Maybe after the lampshade he'll get it! :) hee hee hee
Have a great day and good luck with all our house projects!
Hugs and Blessings
Melissa

Antique Rose Designs said...

Hi Maryann your house and garden are gorgeous. I love love love your daughters bedroom she must be so happy with it. I can't wait to do Julia's bedroom up. Soon very soon. Have a great Easter Carol

Tanza said...

Hi Maryann,
This is the sweetest looking home .. Looks like a doll house .. Loving the yellow as well .. Such a bright happy color .. what a lovely cottage home you have .. You are so full of inspiration .. LoVe dropping by to see sweet, talented you .. Wishing you a very blessed, happy Easter ~
hugs ~tea~xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails