photo

photo
I love to decorate.... whether it be one style at a time or all at once...

Saturday, November 1, 2014

my very first peony...

Well I couldn't help but be a little bit excited today! After purchasing several peony plants and waiting about 3 years... today.. I had my very first peony bloom!


I had never really heard of this plant 'till I started seeing and reading about them in blogland... and I knew that I just had to get my hands on one.


I ended up getting the plants online and the first year I planted them there wasn't much of a show of leaves which was very disappointing. So I ended up digging them up again and amending the soil adding more fertilizer. Then last year again only a few leaves and I was beginning to think that this may not be the right area for these plants. This year however the plants seem to be stronger and slightly larger and I was so happy to see that I had a bud on one of them. I must have watched that bud everyday 'till it opened I think!


This one is called Monsieur Jules Elie and she's a beauty, what a gorgeous flower. I'm so glad I gave them a go .. now I only hope next year the other's decide to bloom as well!
take care, Maryann


 

4 comments:

Melissa Bishop said...

It IS gorgeous. Thank you for sharing her with us.

Meg said...

Beautiful....I have 3 unopened ...and dying to take pics....I'm checking every morning xxxx

Jeanette Ann O'Donnell said...

Just gorgeous Maryann.I must try to grow some too.

Tania, The Old French Doors. Tasmania said...

Hi Maryann, I to have that same one and hoping to get some flowers from mine next year. It is just gorgeous.
A simply stunning flower.
Taniaxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails