photo

photo
I love to decorate.... whether it be one style at a time or all at once...

Thursday, May 16, 2013

those damn trees...

For a long while now I have been whinging to my hubby.....
 "those damn trees are throwing too much shade on the house".. "they make the house so cold".. " they're blocking all the sun".. bla bla bla...
see big big tree to the left.. probably over 50' followed by a row of 5 others behind it slightly smaller..



this is the back view where we are working on the path.. and they are so big now they block out all the sun. I suppose it's ok on a stinking hot day but really how many of them do we get...


Soo, we were putting down the crushed aggregate to finish off the paths on the side of the house ...

back path leading to side



but this has come to a grinding halt! (see the trunks at the top right hand corner)

Yes, we have decided ( well I decided a long time ago) but hubby has finally agreed that they must go! So I must now wait 'till the 29th for the arborist to come out and down size them to about 6'. Just enough to give me a privacy screen from my neighbours and finally let the warmth of the sun kiss my home. They estimate I should have about 20 cubic mtrs of mulch!
take care girls... Maryann

1 comment:

Tania said...

Your gardens are looking great marion.Have a lovely weekend.
Tania

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails