photo

photo
I love to decorate.... whether it be one style at a time or all at once...

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

how does your decorating style measure up?

Lately I've been thinking of how I like soo many different decorating styles.  I wish I liked only one as it would make my life so much simpler!
If I had to measure up my decorating style it would probably read like this....

                    1 cup shabby chic
                    1/2 cup french provincial
                    1/4 cup french farmhouse
                    and a pinch of country cottage

They also say that your home should be a reflection of your own personality....
so I am sure people must think I am one crazy, mixed up, totally confused nut lady.

But.. as I always do.. I argue with myself.. why should I stick to just one style? Do I like just one flavour of icecream, nooo, I like vanilla, raspberry ripple, caramel and strawberry too!

So I have decided to stick to ONE rule when it comes to MY decorating and that is that THERE ARE NO RULES!

So... my lounge room will be french provincial ..
        my hallway shabby chic
        my bedroom shabby/country cottage     
        my family room french farmhouse
        and my dining and kitchen and laundry shabby chic once again

I know alot of you might be cringing right now.. and I don't blame you but what's a girl to do?

  Which brings me to a question today I am hoping you can all help me with.
I have come to a stand still with my french provincial lounge room because I'm stuck on what colour rods to get for my curtains. The colours I am using in this room are cream and blue being the main colours.. and touches of gold.
Here is the room so far...

I know this is a dressing table but it's going in the lounge as a desk..

   
These are the curtains, cream sheers with blue flowers for the two smaller front windows and I have also purchased ready to hang pinch pleat curtains in plain blue for the french doors. I did'nt want them all matchy, matchy.


I  am also thinking I may sometimes change out the floral sheers for  toile curtains later on.

I have touches of gold in my chandy, sconces, desk, chair and door handles...


 Do you think gold rods would be too much? The lounge in this picture is only there temporarily until I get my other antique lounge re upholstered in cream. You can read all about it here.  It does have however a timber frame around it which I am not sure whether to leave as is or paint it cream aswell, would the timber look out of place? These two issues have brought me to a halt in this room and usually when I'm not sure about something I'll sit on it for a while (sometimes a very long while) so that is why i am turning to you.. I am hoping with your help I can get a move on again.........  

take care, Maryann

3 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

THERE ARE NO RULES, indeed. You have a high five on that. I love your style, and your blog. Thanks for visiting me. I'm following you. I'll be back.

Passionate for White said...

I think gold rods would be perfect. How in the world do you keep your floors SO SHINY!???

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I could have sworn I've visited this site before but after going through a few of the posts I realized it's new to me.
Anyways, I'm certainly pleased I came across it and I'll be
book-marking it and checking back often!
Here is my web blog ... christmas gifts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails