photo

photo
I love to decorate.... whether it be one style at a time or all at once...

Monday, November 15, 2010

When life throws you lemons?

What do you do when life throws you lemons.... and lemons.. and lemons..? Well you cook them ofcourse!
I have had so many lemons from my tree this year I could not stand seeing them literally fall from my tree to rot. After giving some away to family I decided to have a go at making a few different lemon recipes. With the chopped up peel you see above I made candied peel... great to use in cakes or sweets..


With the juice I made home-made lemonade...


and heck I even had a go at preveserving some too!


But I think my favorite thing to make for summer from now on is GRANITA!
This is my first go at it and it was so yummy. Granita is very popular in Italy and Malta.. sort of a cross between an iceblock and a slushy... so from this...



to this!


It was delish! and if any of you would like the recipe
for the Granita click here  My kids loved this so I think I'll be trying a few different flavours this summer.. take care, Maryann


3 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love lemons! Your lemon treats look wonderful. You could also make Lemoncello!
Hugs,
Penny

The Pink Poodle said...

Dear Maryann.....all those "goodies" made from lemons looks wonderful...
especially the granita...(i guess one has to have some sort of "turning" machine) for that??

i shall click on the recipe..but i am feeling quite "wretched" today...sore throat/tired & just overall lethargic...& I never get sick!!
ps..just the day when hubby is home for a day!!~~(always away working)

xx andrea

mariondee-designs said...

No machine! Just pour liquid into a pan and put in freezer. Then every half hour stir with a fork to break up crystals and do so for about 4 hours or so. Easy peasy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails