photo

photo
I love to decorate.... whether it be one style at a time or all at once...

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Saturday finds..

One of my favourite things to do is treasure hunting! I go to garage sales, markets whenever possible, vinnies, etc etc... Sometimes I don't find anything, which is really disappointing, sometimes I might find one or two things, which is really good and sometimes you hit the jackpot.



Well I think this week I hit the jackpot... I managed to get all sorts of things.. I found these gorgeous trios .. I have a fetish for trios and have them everywhere. A very nice lamp and these are sitting on a lovely shaped plant stand which I think I may use as a little table to go with 2 french scrolly boudoir chairs that I already have.. to sit on my front verandah when its built. I also found more crockery some of which will go on ebay. I just love the other garden stand they are sitting on and I will also be painting this white eventually and am thinking of using this in my dining room as a phone table or it might even go in my lounge room when its built with a beautiful big old fashioned fern on it .. will have to wait and see. I just love anything iron and scrolly and even if they are meant for outside doesn't mean I can't enjoy them inside!




This next find is a brass frame which was originally a mirror. I fell in love with this instantly and will go in Lisa's bedroom when its finished. Its going to be a memory board. She's been wanting one for a while, so we were very happy when we found it. It will also be painted white with some pretty ticking fabric for the board.





I also found this scrolly phone table/stool. I just love it! Can't wait to do it up but for now will have to wait as this will be going in my hallway. The pretty little brass mirror is also for Lisa. She's been eyeing my one that I have in my bedroom, which is bigger than this one, so she was very happy when we found another. Also found a vintage metal hat box. I was thinking of painting this pink and having it open with scarves, gloves spilling over.. Lisa suggested to use it as a planter box with pretty flowers in it for the garden. Not a bad idea either, I suppose it depends on how well it turns out.


I was also lucky enough to find this boudoir chair! I have always wanted one. The fabric ofcourse will have to go. I'm not sure yet whether to get it professionally reupholstered or just make a slip cover myself. This will definately be going in my bedroom!!




I managed to make this ballerina bag as well for an order. Turned out really sweet. Will be making another one soon to put on ebay.



When I make over all my finds will post some pics so you can see them finished but it may not be for a while as some will have to wait till my extensions are done, so for now I have to find more space to store them in and that is not an easy task! Ok back to sewing... take care, Maryann







4 comments:

Antique Rose Designs said...

Hi Maryann you did hit the jackpot I love your treasures especially the gold frame. I need a gorgeous mirror like that for my hallway and I'm a trioholic too I have way too many. Take care Carol

shabby*vintage*dreams said...

WOWZERS!!! you did hit the jackpot!! the crocery is all stunning!!! I have a chair just like that one it was my grandmothers, Ive always wanted to make a slipcover for it maybe I should just give it a try!!Is it hard?? Have you made covers before? Im not a big sewer so Im unsure?? but hey cannot hurt to give it a go I suppose! Hope your having a great weekend!! Mandii

Paint Me White said...

What a fantastic selection of great finds Maryann. Don't you just love it when you come across gorgeous things like that. My heart always starts to pelvatate and I get so excited. We are so easily pleased arn't we?
Sandy

our shabby cottage said...

Gosh, what fab finds Maryann. You were so lucky to find the boudoir chair - I would love one of those. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it, Kathryn.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails